Egg muffins. The name is weird, I know. I ran out of creative ideas, so I decided to call them what they are – muffins made from eggs. Let me first say that these things are SO good! They also are incredibly easy, you can make them in bulk, and are the perfect traveling snack or breakfast. I made 2 different kinds in this pan. One is a spinach, tomato, and mozzarella and the other is ham and cheddar. But don’t be restricted by my egg muffin fillings. Be creative! Put whatever you want in there.
To Make 6 egg muffins you need:
- 6 organic eggs
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Any kind of fillings. Here are some ideas:
- Caprese: tomato, mozzarella and basil
- Classic: sausage (or bacon) and cheddar
- Quiche: spinach and mushrooms
- Western: tomato, bell pepper, ham (served with a little salsa)
- Greek: olives, tomatoes, feta
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line a muffin tin with liners or grease with coconut oil (I prefer silicone liners over paper)
3. Mix up the eggs, seasonings, and fillings of choice (just a sprinkle of each).
4. Fill 6 muffin tins
5. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the eggs have fully set.
Once they cool, you can pop them out of the liners and store them in a bag or container in the fridge. Enjoy them straight out of the fridge or reheat them before you eat! Enjoy!